1. Young people grow in faith, their personal relationship with Christ and who they are as God's people
2. Youth can ask hard questions and find answers about faith and life
.....(2 Timothy 3:14-17, Matthew 7:7)
3. Confession, absolution and unconditional love are the hallmarks of Christian community
4. Young people join in worship, nurture, service, outreach and fellowship activities
.....(1 Timothy 4:12, Acts 2:42-47)
5. Young people know that they are accepted
6. Young people are able to serve in meaningful ways in the church and in the world
.....(2 Corinthians 9:12)
7. Youth can use their gifts to the glory of God
.....(1 Peter 4:10, Romans 12:4-8)
Youth Ministry . . .
Is centered in Jesus Christ . . . given in baptism . . . nurtured through the proclamation and study of God's Word . . . strengthened through participation in the Lord's Supper.
Supports young people as full members of the church today as well as the church of the future.
Challenges young people to take a role in shaping the church's mission to the world.
Is a part of and not apart from the congregation's life and mission.
Equips youth to utilize their God-given gifts as faithful disciples.
Speaks to the full range of life issues of youth in the congregation and the community.
Is person oriented.
Is family inclusive.
Is congregation based.
Is outward focused.
Is ministry to, by, with, through and for youth.